Monday, September 6, 2010

Incident at the US airport

Below is a small incident took place with me at the airport while in US.
I just remembered it and thought to share it with you all my friends.

There was a small situation happened to me to.

When I was comming back from US to India, while checking in my carriage bags to security at DFW airport in Dallas, I was asked to seperate out one of the bag and declare the things in it. For few moments I was anxious and worried abt why was only I asked to do so among so many passengers. Later I kept myself calm and tried to remember what all things I packed in that bag. I listed out all the articles to the lady.
She opened my carriage bag in front of me and started taking out all the items. I tried to help her to to get things out of the bag. She shouted at me "Sir, do not touch anything in the bag. I'll do it all by myself. You just answer my questions." I was taken aback.
I fakely tried to smile at her as I didn't want to show any fear on my face of the situation. She asked me what all those heavy books for. I calmly said those were the civil engineering books for my brother (brother of my friend which is what I didn't tell her).
There was a small box under one of the heavy book. I spoted it and she waved it in the air "What is there in this box?"

I said there were some kitchen items with few knives for my mom and gave her a cheerful smile.
She smiled to me and showed her white teeth on the black round face. Then she repacked my bag and gave the green signal to go ahead by wishing a safe and joyful journey back home.


I felt very relaxed and moved ahead to board the plane. :)

-Amit

No comments:

Post a Comment